Most of the eaves are up! When I say most, the section above where the cladding is supposed to go hasn't been done due to what appears like someone has grabbed onto the guttering to stop them selves falling back which makes no sense as the scaffolding is there anyway, but there is a nice big 1 metre in length pull/dent in the roof gutter. I rang the CM who advised he had already seen it and the replacement gutter has been ordered and arriving Monday. Which I am guessing is why the eaves haven't been put up in that section. No paint on the eaves yet.
The brickie has finished the back pillars, yay!, but he still can't finish the front pillars to the top of the balcony because the chippies have been back again to fix the balcony again again :-(
Absolutely nothing internal, this is due to the scaffolding being in the way, they just can't get anything in, the CM is talking about getting a crane in to get things moving inside.
The council has been on their backs apparently and we now have ugly temporary fencing up :'-( I asked why next door didn't have to have it, apparently when you build quick enough the council don't have time to pick up on it. To make matters worse the temporary fencing guys have started the fence about 1-2 metres on our next door neighbours land (who are moving in next week) and will be attempting to get their driveway down, which at the moment our fence is in the way. Rick and I have tried to move it a bit but I will have to ring the CM again and get them to move it onto our land. Apparently the scaffolding is booked to come down May 5th, so by then acid wash upstairs will be done, cladding and presumably paint on the eaves.
The CM said he is embarrassed about how long it is taking, we are just really bummed not to mention annoyed about the extra money we are wasting due to the months we wont have rental income on the place we are in now and payments on both mortgages etc. I have emailed our CSC to see how they have come up with their guarantee build date of July 19th as it is supposed to be 20 weeks since site cut which even with their rain delay extension letters and taking into account public holidays I get early June, our CM said we wont be in until late July :''-( So will see what they come up with, the money they provide for late build isn't as much as the rent we would get on this place but it is better than nothing which is what we have at the moment, and at least we don't have to worry about extending a lease etc. Our poor neighbours have had to put their belongings in storage for 2 weeks because they couldn't extend their lease, so are effectively having to move twice.
Hopefully next week I will have a few more positive things to talk about :-)
Me trying to look happy about the eaves being done
The first two photos are from my phone, as are most in the blog, the bottom two are from the SLR so the colour is a lot more true to what they are in real life.