Sunday, June 3, 2012

Progress a plenty & Pic overload week ending 03/06/2012


Hi everyone, I am feeling a bit under the weather so will let the pictures do all the talking this week. What a week though! Very happy with how much things have come along this week!! Tiles have all been delivered and we are meeting the tiler tomorrow morning to confirm everything, but I have peeked through the plastic and they are what we have chosen which is a great start. Small downer this week is that we have noticed when it rains water is coming in the garage back door, but have only just seen this so will take it up with the SS during the week. The other major thing is we have been locked out! Arrrghhh, I am reeeallly hoping they don't check all the windows at closing time and leave me one I can climb through!

ensuite all waterproofed :-)


tiles

ensuite shower

sinks



main bathroom



powder room



(not the taps pictured)



main bathroom



upstairs hall
ensuite

WIR



haven't done the rest of the clear glaze yet


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yep sure is! Much happier with the progress!

      Delete
  2. Looking great. It will feel like a completely different place with all those tiles down and more importantly another step closer. Cam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping so, can't wait to see all the tiles downstairs!

      Delete
  3. Just a tip, you might not want to publicly declare how you are getting into your property. There are some @$$holes out there, that might find out all your information and may enter and take loose fixtures from your property. Yes everything is covered by insurance but there are delays that I know you can't afford.

    You should open a few boxes of tiles. I remember for me and few others that have built, that upon transport or drop-off a good half of the tiles had been damaged. Probably at loading-off stage, and we did not know until the tiler had gotten to the bottom few stacks of tiles. We had to wait for more to be ordered.

    Oh, they other thing, you should see where that balloon (for waterproofing) goes after they pop it. They popped mine and they disposed of it right down the drain hole which it sat. Not until I moved in and had a few showers they I realised the drain is not doing it's job, then when I inspected, I noticed the balloon was still lodged in the drain, causing a blockage. Took us a bit to find out the problem and ways to remove it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips JayJay, I think it will be fine, my blog doesn't mention what part of north Brisbane we are in and just that we hope they leave a window open, which I am sure all would-be thieves hope that someone's house somewhere leave a window open (which we would shut on our way out if we ever found one). I would think they would be better of searching on realestate.com than blogs, on real estate websites they can see they type of locks used, what furniture and goodies are in the house and what access they can gain, a vacant house with a few fixtures is much less inviting. We have an elderly gentlemen directly across the road who is effectively neighbourhood watch and keeps a very very close eye on things 24/7, which is awesome! Our tiler is pretty good, he already went through all the boxes without us asking, and left the balloon on the bedroom floor, so all good in that respect too :-) That sucks that, that happened to you, what a pain!!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment on my Blog :-)